Take a trip south of the border with this fantastic Mexican beef stew dish. Mexican culture as a long time producer of beef have always known how to make beef stew. This is a crock pot recipe cooked over a long period of time, however you could produce the same meal in a casserole dish cooked in the oven at around 300F for around 3 hours. Another secret of how to make beef stew is adaptation from the basic recipe. Common sense however must always prevail.
You might like to add a little sour cream to your plate when serving ths spicy dish. And if you do want to add a real bite to your stew try adding on finely chopped jalapeno pepper when you add the beans. This option is for those not faint of heart but if do choose to do this the taste sensation is out of this world.
Mexican Beef Stew Recipe
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 12 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 12 hrs 30 mins
Take a trip south of the border with this fantastic Mexican beef stew dish. Mexican culture as a long time producer of beef have …
- 2 lb Stewing Beef Cubed
- 2 Cans Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped Roughly
- 15 oz (Can) Pinto Beans
- 3 1/2 C Beef Stock
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 4 ts Chili Powder
- 1 TB Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 ts Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 ts Ground Cloves
- 1/4 ts All Spice
- 1/4 ts Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Medium Zucchini Sliced Roughly
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Sliced Roughly
- Brown meat & drain off fat in a frying pan.
- Transfer meat to a crockpot. Add undrained tomatoes, onion & beans.
- Cover & cook on low heat setting for 10 - 12 hours or on high heat setting for 5- 6 hours.
- Then add zucchini & green pepper. Cover & cook 30 minutes longer on high heat setting.